Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Leftover Mexi-Salad

I failed to take a picture of this creation, but it was fast, easy and pretty healthy, so I'll post the recipe. Last night I was trying to clean out my fridge/use up leftovers, and here's what I came up with:

1 small tortilla (a staple at our house)
a few spoon-fulls of black beans (leftover from previous meal)
a few spoon-fulls of brown rice (also leftover)
generous amount of salad mix (yup, another leftover)
salsa
cheese
dollop of sour cream

Directions:
sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla and microwave for 30 seconds. Layer the beans and rice on the tortilla. Cover with salad mix. Pour on some salsa for dressing and plop a little sour cream (or vegan substitute) on top. Sprinkle more cheese on top, if you're feeling daring.

No comments: