Monday, January 19, 2009

Greek Garden Pizza

I started making pizza-dough, then realized I was out of shredded cheese. Here is what I came up with:




for the dough:

1 t yeast
1 pinch sugar
2/3 C warm water
2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 C olive oil

put in bread mixer, select dough setting, press start. Or just make like regular dough.

Roll onto pizza stone (or a cookie sheet or upside-down jelly-roll pan), spread prepared sauce of choice on top, then cover with:

1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/4-1/2 onion (depending on how much you like)
1 stalk of broccoli florets, chopped
1/2 red pepper, sliced
some pine nuts
top with feta cheese, then bake at 450 F for 12-15 min.
This dish earned high marks from my husband and I, but my daughter sneered at it. She ate a slice after she shoved all the topping off. She did eat the broccoli after removing it from the pizza, though.







3 comments:

lara said...

This looks great! Do you have Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone?

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

looks so delish! oh, and i'd love to help add some recipes/insight (if i've got any!!) to your great idea for a blog. i've got a couple really easy yummy things up my sleeve...it would help stretch me-that's for sure!

MandB said...

yummmmmmmm