Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To quell the speculation

Okay, I was going to wait until I had tried it out to blog about the alternative to tampons, but I might as well do it now. I am NOT going to make my own tampons. But it did order a moon cup. A friend first told me about something like this about ten years ago, but I was too chicken to give it a go. In retrospect, this would have been really handy to have on my mission, since I had to be really undercover about tampon use (many people felt that tampons were vulgar and that a woman was no longer a virgin after using one, but that's another story for another day). Anyway, it should get here before my next cycle, so I'll let you know. A lot of the reviews I read say there is a learning curve and that you really need to give it three months before passing judgement.

Another alternative I read about was to use actual sea sponges--you're supposed to just rinse them out and put them back in each time, but I don't think I could handle that.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow. I bet there is a learning curve. You'll have to let us know how it works...

Unknown said...

You are hard core, my friend.

MarciaAnne said...

I have a friend here with the Diva Cup, and she loves it.