Friday, March 26, 2010

Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich


My main motivation for posting this recipe is to get the last post off the front page :) (though my moon cup arrived in the mail today. Do I dare try it out?)

This is a delicious recipe I got from Cooking Light magazine. I've adapted it a bit, but the main idea is the same.

Ingredients:
2 slices whole-wheat bread
peanut butter
jelly
sliced bananas
sliced strawberries
chocolate chips
butter or cooking spray

Directions:
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat (I like to coat with cooking spray before heating)
meanwhile, assemble the sandwich. Spread some peanut butter on one slice of bread, some jelly (or jam, marmalade, etc) on the other slice. Layer the bananas, strawberries and chocolate chips in the middle. Grill in the pan a couple of minutes on each side. The outside should be brown and crisp like a grilled cheese sandwich, and the chocolate should be melted. Sometimes I cover the pan for a bit to get the chocolate to melt. It's divine.

Here's my super slacker version for a quick snack:
toast some bread. Spread with peanut butter, jam and nutella. Slice bananas (and strawberries, if on hand) and put in the middle. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Jennifer Darger said...

That actually sounds yummy! I think I'll try it tomorrow for the kids' lunch. PS I love peanut butter and honey on toast

Unknown said...

ooo, I think I"ll try this today for lunch. I bet the kids would love it. Anything with strawberries:)