Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anti-Antiperspirant

I finally took the plunge. My friend Shelly had great success with this recipe, so I decided to give it a go. She made me some while I watched. I put it in my old antiperspirant container for easy application (I washed it first). Result: it works better than the store bought stuff I used to use. I actually sweat less now (though this still might be more than many of you are used to). And I'll be glad to be rid of the stains on the underarms of all my clothes.

I've been gradually weeding out toxins in my life, and decided that I should do something about the two biggest offenders: antiperspirant and tampons (more on this later).

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Yikes. Are you going to start making homemade tampons?? Because that could get interesting! I admire you.

Shelly said...

Next time I make a batch, I'm going to try omitting the cocoa butter and subbing coconut oil, possibly with some modifications on quantity. I get so excited to try new recipes, but I have to force myself to use all of my present batch first, so it may be a while...

Like Jamie, I'm really curious about the tampon thing...