Saturday, July 11, 2009

10-K

As the title of this blog suggests, one of my reasons for trying to eat better was to reap the blessings promised to those who follow the counsel given from God to Joseph Smith in what we now call "the Word of Wisdom." (See here for more information)

One of the promises is to "run and not be weary." I have noticed a huge improvement in my ability to run and not be weary since I started eating more healthy foods. I have a greater desire to exercise, more energy when I do exercise, and overall greater endurance. I just ran my first 10 K in years (I think I was 10 when I ran a 10 K before). It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I was able to do it. I'm training for a sprint distance triathlon in September...we'll see how it goes.

Also, I just finished a class on vegan, whole-foods cooking called the Healing Diet. The instructor gave me permission to post the recipes here, so look for look for those soon.

1 comment: