Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Favorite Cookbooks

I thought it would be fun to share my favorite "healthy" cookbooks/web-sites and get ideas from you about your favorites. Here are my current favorites:



Wholesome Harvest: Cooking With the New Four Food Groups : Grains, Beans, Fruits, and Vegetables (Paperback)by Carol Gelles

This cookbook is filled with yummy recipes without too many weird ingredients. As the title suggests, it contains recipes that use lots of vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Most of the recipes are vegan, but can handle meat, cheese, etc. if you so choose. The recipes are also seasonally appropriate (i.e. zucchini, tomatoes and basil in one recipe; sweet potato, winter squash, carrots in another). The book is full of variety and different ethnicities of flavor as well, which keeps me interested.

Super Baby Food (Paperback)by Ruth Yaron

All about how to make you own baby food and 1,000 other tips for healthy eating for babies and children. Aside from the practical How-to and What-to information, I really enjoy the recipes and the myriad of facts and tips the author throws in about things I never thought I needed to know (but are really quite useful).

http://www.cookinglight.com/ and http://www.allrecipes.com/

My favorite cooking web-sites. I love cooking light magazine, especially the "dinner in just about 20 minutes" section. I've found a lot of great egg/dairy free recipes on allrecipes.com by typing simple searches (like "egg free cookies").

So, what are your favorite cookbooks or web-sites?

No comments: