Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Afternoon pick-me-up

So the sugar thing is still getting me down. I'm very very bad at cutting it out. I've found a couple of slightly better for me treats that help me get through the afternoon:

1. Stoneyfield Farm Chocolate Underground yogurt. It's my favorite with a bit of granola. Mmmmmm.
2. Protein shake. My favorite brand lately is GenSoy. Of course chocolate is my favorite flavor.
3. A glass of chocolate soy milk (notice any trends?). I prefer Silk brand, but 8th continent is pretty good as well.

Maybe once baby is sleeping through the night I'll be able to cut out the chocolate. Meanwhile, I take heart in the fact that each of the above treats actually provides some nutritional value. Sigh. Any ideas on how to more successfully break my sugar/chocolate addiction?

6 comments:

Rebecka Jeffs said...

Let me know when you do, I could sure use the advice!!iavmun

Unknown said...

I finally got on your health food blog! I am really slow. I love your ideas! I'm always looking for good, fast foods (not to be confused with fast food) that my kids will eat. I'm going to try that bread. And the curry looks YUM!

EG said...

Hey Shauna. I've been off the hard stuff for a couple of months now. I stock my freezer with fruit popsicles (no sugar added) to help curb the cravings. Soy chocolate milk is also a great trick. I also find the longer I go without it, the less I want it. I think you should definitely give yourself definite breaks. Who knows, you might not even want the treat when the time comes! I definitely feel better without the sugar. How about you?

EG said...

I just used definite/definitely three times in one post! That should not be allowed.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

These look like great recipes! I don't really like the idea of giving up sugar all together (without medical reason way beyond the norm), but best of luck to you! You're worried about stealing your daughter's treats? I have stashes of treats for me that I hide from the kids. (Sorry about the deleting and re-posting too.)